Sunday 28 February 2010

Wow I can't believe another week has gone by. It's been a funny kind of week really full of ups & downs. I found these pictures from Elizabeth's actual Birthday that I had forgotten to share with you. My brouther in law is the manager of the Studio in Cleethorpes market square & he very kindly decorated a special corner just for Elizabeth. As a veggy i have been unfortunate enough to have quite a few dodggy microwave meals when eating out. WOW I was amazed I ordered a stuffed pepper with new potatoes & salad (trying to stick to my diet i lost 1 & 1/2 lb this week) and it was all freshly cooked the pepper was stuffed with courgettes, tomatoes, onion, aubergine, pepper and some lovely herbs. Definitely going back there for lunch again!

I also forgot to show you the very lovely flowers my ladies from the Thursday group bought me as a leaving gift. My first Thursday of was a strange one it was great to not have to rush around or drive to Grimsby. Although by mid afternoon I was a bit bored and ready for Elizabeth to come home.

Friday was Elizabeth's swimming Gaylor at Scartho Bath's she entered 2 relay races, of which her team wone both. From this she has been asked to swim in a schools competition, she is so excited. Unfortunately I wont be there to see it as I am taking Roger away for his 40th Birthday, one of the things I did manage to get done with my day of. Unfortunately Friday didn't stay all good I arrived at my scrap booking class all excited to pick up a bag of goodies I had put to one side earlier in the week to spend my vouchers on my hubby got me for my birthday, and I started with a really bad tummy pain that didn't get any better. By the time I got home I was poorly went strait to bed at 4.30pm & got out at 10am the following day. Saturday I felt very sorry for my self I could see the bag with all my lovely new crafting things in but had no energy to get up and use them :-(

YAY Sunday i got up still a bit ruff but feeling well enough to start playing with my new items. I bought 5 bottles of glimmer mist in a variety of yummy colours. I love to play so I sprayed red, gold, green & pearl on to some plain paper to make a marble effect. I punched some small flowers out of the paper once it had dried and came up with this little card for a special friend to let her know she is special.


I also bought a butterfly, cuttle bug embossing folder that I made this thinking of you card with. I embossed the card first & then punched out some butterfly's from paper I had sprayed earlier. I used a red stickels to highlight the center of the butterfly and the edge of the sentiment.
A quick but effective little card me thinks.
Here is hoping for a well week for us all.
Victoria




3 comments:

  1. Awwww I am sorry you didn't feel any better when you got home, you were definitely a little bit off colour this week ((((HUGS))))) Loving what you did with your new supplies, both cards are so pretty and I bet they are even more so in real life as the light catches the glimmers, hoping you have a better week this week hon XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria, I left a comment already but it doesn't seem to be here, so if you get two from me dont worry - I've not gone mad!!! Sorry to hear you've been poorly but glad you're better. The cards are lovely, especially the one with the beautiful bunch of flowers. Really pretty! I'm loving the glimmer mist too but am thinking I should steady up with it or it will all be gone too quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you was feeling unwell, your cards are lovely and what a great idea with the glimmer mist.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete